Build a scarecrow as part of the first annual Scarecrow Walk!
What is a Scarecrow Walk?
- The Scarecrow Walk is an outdoor event throughout the month of October (10/2-10/21) on the trails behind the Lester Public Library of Rome.
- Businesses, families, and individuals are invited to build a scarecrow to place along the trail.
- To encourage some Halloween fun (and friendly competition), library visitors will be able to vote for their favorite scarecrow. There will be prizes for 1st-3rd place.
- You will be in charge of creating/building your scarecrow to display. There will be a numbered stake/fence post provided by the library to put your scarecrow by/lean against if you so choose. If your scarecrow can sit/stand on its own, just have it near the stake/post.
- Make sure your scarecrow is “weather-friendly;” they will be outside for a large portion of October so no items that will blow away/melt with rain.
- Please keep your scarecrow “family-friendly;” we want this to be a fun experience for EVERYONE.
- Your scarecrow should be up by OCTOBER 2ND and removed on/by OCTOBER 27TH.
- Voting will take place during library hours (to avoid cheating…mwahaha), though you can view the scarecrows at any time.
- You will get one “free” vote for your favorite scarecrow, but can gain additional votes with each item/box you bring to donate to the Food Pantry.
- 1st Place →$50 Cash Prize
- 2nd Place → $25 Cash Prize
- 3rd Place → $10 Cash Prize
- All Participants→ Certificate of Participation
Please email/contact Nicole Menzel (nmenzel [at] romepubliclibrary.org) by SEPTEMBER 25TH to sign up/reserve a spot for a scarecrow, as well as answer any questions. You may also sign up at the circulation desk at the library during its operating hours